The TDN Digest is a daily update of the important stories, announcements, and conversations about Newark from around the web. Find out more »
Articles, reports and news items from major news agencies such as the New York Times, the Star Ledger, and ABC 7 News
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker pushes health plan for uninsured
- Three people are injured in Newark shooting
- Second suspect is arrested in Newark knife-point robbery of N.Y. delivery man
- Forest Whitaker, Getting Behind A ‘Brick City’ Hero : NPR
- HUD to award Newark $11M in stimulus funds to rebuild Baxter Terrace complex
- N.J. officials turn out for Essex County Veterans Memorial Park dedication
- Newark begins tax amnesty program today
- Newark to Host Regional Final
- Newark to forgive interest, penalties on deadbeat taxpayers
- Newark program encourages fathers to get involved in children’s education
- Second suspect arrested in Newark knife-point robbery of NY … – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com
Opinion, thoughts and experiences from blogs around the web
- Newark prostate awareness event offers look at robotic surgery system
- Block Party this Thursday on Halsey St.!
- Great Commentary from a Newark Dance Teacher on the Arts in Schools
- TEAM Academy is opening their first charter school in Newark…
- The Rock to host NCAA
- Booker is “Mr. January” in DFER Calendar
Announcements, and marketing material published by organizations around and in the city
- Mayor Booker and Nha Executive Director Host Walking Tour of Historic High Street/Mlk Boulevard for Hud Secretary Donovan
- City of Newark Launches Amnesty Program to Assist Property Owners and Raise Revenue
Twitter updates from city residents and newsmakers alike
Feeling good about the Mayor’s healthcare announcement today—a great example of how a creative local gov’t can fill gaps.
On my way to a meeting with NJ Transit to discuss job opportunities for Newarkers on the stimulus-funded Penn Station project.
“Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” Lou Holtz
Watchin Pt 1 of Brick City and can’t help but fall in love with Mayor Cory Booker!
West Ward has had another shooting on 18th St,3 injured. Many advancements but the Bricks R falling n the city!
8 days til
newarkchange launch event! (The Center for Collaborative Change).</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/laureldumont/statuses/4166591782">—laureldumont
Watch this series on Sundance Channel this week. Outstanding: http://su.pr/1jpTSc
ourbrickcity tonight--beautiful imagery, great editing, and a quiet yet bold editorial lens.</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/KyleRosenkrans/statuses/4165572255">—KyleRosenkrans
impressed with the sundance documentary makers. seem to have a really bold and honest social justice agenda…
check out additional footage at http://bit.ly/BLEnG
Jayda doing what all 281,000 residents of Newark should be doing: starting to help someone else right where she is in Brick City
Watching “Brick City” on Sundance Channel about my beloved city of Newark because change is hard, but worth the struggle, every day
The Digest is a free service brought to you by the Daily Newarker. To support the work of this blog, click one of the Google ads at the bottom of this post. As always, thanks for reading the Daily Newarker.