The TDN Digest is a daily update of the important stories, announcements, and conversations about Newark from around the web. Find out more »
This week’s Digest is brought to you by our sponsors:
- Dog trouble? You can do better than watching reruns of the Dog Whisperer: Newark-based, CPDT-certified dog trainer Sarah can help you develop a better relationship with your dog using proven, effective, and positive methods. From puppy consults to problem behavior modification: more info at sidebysidetraining.com.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities and reaching some of the most influential and passionate supporters of the city? Advertise with TDN: find out more, place an order or call with questions: (862) 235-0836.
Articles, reports and news items from major news agencies such as the New York Times, the Star Ledger, and ABC 7 News
- Newark man who died from punch was homicide victim, medical examiner rules
- Challengers in 29th District hoping to break powerful Democratic machine | Local New Jersey News – – NJ.com
- N.J. launches program to enroll newborn babies in health insurance
- Newark citizen patrols flood streets as crime-fighting tactic
- Essex County officials distribute $10.6M in federal funds to local groups
- Newark has chance to rethink its decision to turn off the water taps – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com
Opinion, thoughts and experiences from blogs around the web
- Newark's own WBGO salutes champions of jazz
- Essex Corzine allies rely on Obama, labor – and ward by ward coordination
- Working Together To Shape The Future Of New York City – Global Grind
- Dear NTU, This is Why My Friends Think I’m Crazy When I Defend Teacher’s Unions
Announcements, and marketing material published by organizations around and in the city
- Leaving a Legacy at Rutgers University
- Rutgers Expands Verizon Wireless “Uhopeline” Program to Newark and Three Additional Campuses
- Art Exhibition at Rutgers University, Newark, Builds Understanding of Trauma Featuring Self-Inflicted Violence
- Mayor Booker and Fire Director Giordano Provide Newark Residents With Tips for Halloween Fire Safety
- 11/2 and 11/3, Furlough Day and Election Day
- Bbpa Community Outreach and Programming Initiatives – North Ward Halloween Party
Twitter updates from city residents and newsmakers alike
Currently teaching my class about Newark. This morning we’re discussing Scott Raab’s (racist) Esquire magazine article about Newark.
I love this city. I have met some of the most interesting, courageous, relentless, and creative people I know right here in Newark, NJ.
Had a great fundraiser in DC last night, Friday is West Ward Leadership Rally for Corzine
NCC Senior Bldg 545 Orange St., We R Gonna WIN !</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/RonaldCRice/statuses/5278493884">—RonaldCRice
Just got a call from a journalist, interesting chat…needless to say this will be a fun weekend😉
Trick or Treat on Ferry Street! Friday, Oct 30 at 4:30pm: our own LittleNewarker and MrsNewarker will be there, too! #brickcity #halloween
This Saturday Rutgers Business School is having an MBA and graduate admissions open house: http://bit.ly/NIxmb
This article from the L.A. TIMES talks about parents getting the power to change the schools. The Los Angeles… http://bit.ly/1G4Zpp
The Digest is a free service brought to you by the Daily Newarker. To support the work of this blog, click one of the Google ads at the bottom of this post. As always, thanks for reading the Daily Newarker.