The TDN Digest is a daily update of the important stories, announcements, and conversations about Newark from around the web. Find out more »
This week’s Digest is brought to you by our sponsors:
- Dog trouble? You can do better than watching reruns of the Dog Whisperer: Newark-based, CPDT-certified dog trainer Sarah can help you develop a better relationship with your dog using proven, effective, and positive methods. From puppy consults to problem behavior modification: more info at sidebysidetraining.com.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities and reaching some of the most influential and passionate supporters of the city? Advertise with TDN: find out more, place an order or call with questions: (862) 235-0836.
Articles, reports and news items from major news agencies such as the New York Times, the Star Ledger, and ABC 7 News
- New Jersey Devils skate to record attendance – NJBIZ
- Corzine campaigns at Newark senior home
- Newark man accused in fatal shooting in Orange arrested outside Great Adventure
- GOP governor candidate Christie rallies campaign workers in Democratic Newark | New Jersey Real-Time News – – NJ.com
- Jury acquits Newark men of shooting bystander, convicts them on weapons, eluding charges
- The rise and fall of Chris Christie
- President’s arrival in Newark causes flight delays
- In hunt for major lease, state turns to Brick City – NJBIZ.com
- Bringing Fresh Produce to the Corner Store – NYTimes.com
- Crowd rallies at Prudential Center in Newark, waiting for the president
- Devils’ bold vision for Newark home becoming a reality – newjerseynewsroom.com
- Obama says NJ governor is key to his own agenda – The Associated Press
- Democrats Strive to Hold Governor Posts – NYTimes.com
- Obama tells Newark rally high voter turnout will guarantee Democratic win | New Jersey Real-Time News – – NJ.com
- In gritty Newark, civilians cruise against crime : NPR
Opinion, thoughts and experiences from blogs around the web
- Cory Booker Presents a Week in Review – October 26-November 1, 2009
- Rutgers School of Law Newark Hosts “Coming Out and Speaking Up”
- Pretty/Ugly – Daniel Joseph
- What Are You, Green Street Cafe?
- Video: Obama for Corzine in Newark
- Protect your vote on Election Day, call 800.792.VOTE (8683) if you have or see proble
- President Obama Governor Jon Corzine Rally in Newark at the Rock – a set on Flickr
- Newark city offices, except police and fire, close for mandatory furlough and … – NJ.com
- Newark Library presents noted photographer – NJ.com
- Newark city offices, except police and fire, close for mandatory furlough and elections
Twitter updates from city residents and newsmakers alike
If U live in NJ. Please consider voting 4 Chris Daggett. We need a Governor who will radically change R system. Current candidates wont!
Today’s the day! Don’t forget to VOTE! http://yfrog.com/15nzqj
It is my hope that politicians hold true to their platform. Twitter has been gr8 for politicians 2 get their word out.
#NEW “Week in Review” video = http://bit.ly/1HOhIa Highlights from last week in #Newark
Leaning against a wall on the PATH is one of my small pleasures in life.
I’ve switched coffee loyalties. Starbucks stock’s going down.Their #1 addict is now w/
BC_CoffeeCo or: <a href="http://www.brickcitycoffee.com/">http://www.brickcitycoffee.com/</a></blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/CoryBooker/statuses/5372717822">—CoryBooker
Dailynewarker andnrodriguez1001: systemic change will only come fr removing the locks and genuinely creating opps for civic engagement
leadnewark is the only org doing real leadership dev'ment in the city. Gatekeepers still have the keys</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/brickcityedu/statuses/5366447830">—brickcityedu
dailynewarker who in world would take over our city after booker?</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/MichaelCardigan/statuses/5365582819">—MichaelCardigan
dailynewarker by continuing the work and progress no matter who is in office</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/NRodriguez1001/statuses/5365078269">—NRodriguez1001
dailynewarker my fear is that even 2 terms of an inspiring mayor full of integrity is not enough to wash away the trauma of Sharpe James</blockquote><p style="margin: -1em 0pt 1em;text-align: right"><cite><a href="http://twitter.com/bicyclemark/statuses/5362501451">—bicyclemark
The Digest is a free service brought to you by the Daily Newarker. To support the work of this blog, click one of the Google ads at the bottom of this post. As always, thanks for reading the Daily Newarker.