The TDN Digest is a daily update of the important stories, announcements, and conversations about Newark from around the web. Find out more »
This week’s Digest is brought to you by our sponsors:
- Dog trouble? You can do better than watching reruns of the Dog Whisperer: Newark-based, CPDT-certified dog trainer Sarah can help you develop a better relationship with your dog using proven, effective, and positive methods. From puppy consults to problem behavior modification: more info at sidebysidetraining.com.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities and reaching some of the most influential and passionate supporters of the city? Advertise with TDN: find out more, place an order or call with questions: (862) 235-0836.
Articles, reports and news items from major news agencies such as the New York Times, the Star Ledger, and ABC 7 News
- Voters to pols: Give us jobs, results, not spats – NPR
- Newark begins four-day ‘Safe Surrender’ program for nonviolent fugitives – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com
- Gay rights group launches ad campaign for same-sex marriage – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com
- Gov.-elect Chris Christie’s promise to New Jersey’s cities – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com
- Gunman is shot by police after pointing weapon at Newark officer
- Newark anti-violence activist killed in shooting crossfire
- Battle-tested Newark football squads prepare to meet in Thanksgiving Day match-up
- N.J. Governor-elect Christie urges bipartisanship, talks education at Newark stop
- Shooting in Newark leaves one man dead, another hospitalized
- Gebroe-Hammer Trades 153 Apartments for $8M
- Prudential posts 3Q profit on market, sales gains – NPR
Opinion, thoughts and experiences from blogs around the web
- What does a Christie Administration Mean for NJ Cities?
- New Jersey Governor-elect Chris Christie makes first appearance in Newark
- Rutgers Expansion Keeps Relationships in Tact
- New documentary both meaningful and inspiring – Solano Tempest
- Surviving War Is Tough, So Is Coming Home from Iraq, Afghanistan: NOV. 11 PLAY AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEWARK, AIRS PROBLEMS OF ‘RE ENTRY’ FOR TODAY’S MILITARY VETS
The Digest is a free service brought to you by the Daily Newarker. To support the work of this blog, click one of the Google ads at the bottom of this post. As always, thanks for reading the Daily Newarker.